We offer a number of Bible translations can be read in the app while you’re offline. To do so, you must first download the versions of the Bible to your device. To download a translation, follow the instructions below:
- Open your app and tap on the Menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Select "Bible" from the list of options in the menu.
- Once in the Bible view, you should see the translation abbreviation toward the top right corner of the screen. Select this to pull up the translation list.
- Once in the translation list, you will see that some translations have an icon on them indicating that they can be downloaded. The icon is a downward facing arrow. (See the image below.)
- Tap on the icon to go to a screen with the translation's title and a Download Now button. In some cases, you will need to turn the option on next to "Yes, the publisher may have access to my email address'. Tap Download Now to download the translation.
- When the download is complete, you'll see an open book icon to the right of the Bible in the translation list to indicate that it has been downloaded.
For reference, the following list includes the top English and Spanish translations that are available to download (there are even more available for download in the app):
- 1599 Geneva Bible
- Authorized (King James) Version
- Christian Standard Bible
- English Standard Version
- Evangelical Heritage Version
- Holman Christian Standard Bible
- King James Version
- Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament
- New Revised Standard Version
- New Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition
- Reina Valera Actualizada
- Reina-Valera Antigua
**Please note that Bible Gateway is honored to work with many gracious Bible publishers to distribute the Bible for free in numerous languages and translations. We license the Bible texts from the publishers, who own the copyrights for each of the Bible translations. We only display the translations for which we have permission.