We offer a number of Bible translations can be read in the app while you’re offline. You will need to download the Bibles that you want to use offline. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open your app.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Tap Bible.
- Tap the Bible abbreviation button in the upper right corner.
- Look for translations in the list that have a downward-facing arrow on them (see the screenshot below).
- Tap on the arrow and you'll see a screen with this message: "Share my email address with the publisher of this translation."
- Turn this on and tap Download Now.
- When the download is complete, you'll see an open book icon to the right of the Bible in the translation list to indicate that it has been downloaded.
**Please note that Bible Gateway is honored to work with many gracious Bible publishers to distribute the Bible for free in numerous languages and translations. We only offer Bibles for download from the publishers who give us permission.