Thank you for your concern about the Amazon and other full-page ads that take over BibleGateway.com when you are on a mobile device. We researched this issue further and found that this pop up happens when malicious ads insert themselves onto websites with advertising like BibleGateway.com. When you see this pop-up ad, please do not click on anything in the pop-up ad and close it as soon as possible.
Fortunately, there are some steps you can follow on your device to lessen the possibility that these pop-up ads occur. The steps below are for Android devices using the Chrome web browser and iOS devices using the Safari web browser.
- Open Chrome, then tap the triple dot menu.
- Go to Settings, and then Privacy.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data, which will be the big button at the bottom.
- Go to Settings from the home screen, and then click Safari.
- Scroll down to Advanced. Tap that, and then tap Website Data.
- From there, scroll down and tap, Remove All Website Data, and confirm that you want to delete all data.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions or concerns.