Katie June 05, 2013 • Bible Gateway App / How do I...
We've released an update to our user accounts for iOS and Android devices. With a user account, you can save your downloaded translations and notes and sync them across devices. It’s currently in beta testing--so be prepared to encounter a few glitches while we continue to improve this feature--but you’re welcome to give it a try!
Here’s how to create a user account in the Bible Gateway app:
1. Once your app is updated, you can log in through two avenues. If you are not already logged in, you will see an orange button on the bottom left side of the dashboard. Select this to access the accounts section directly. Otherwise you can navigate to “Settings” via the menu. If you are using an iPhone or iPod touch you can do this by tapping on the menu icon in the top left hand corner to pull up the menu.
2. If you choose to access your account via the "Settings" section, select “Account and Profile.”
3. You will see two ways to log in: Facebook or through a Bible Gateway account.
4. To sign in with Facebook, tap on the corresponding button. (You will need to be logged in to Facebook on your device.)
5. If you’d like to sign in with a Bible Gateway account, tap “Log in with Bible Gateway.” If you have an account with our app, simply fill out the fields with your email address and password. If you haven't yet made an account in our app, select "Register."
6. Once you are in the registration section, fill out the fields to create an account. Note that this is the first full user account system that we’ve offered through Bible Gateway, so even if you’ve previously signed up to receive devotions or other emails from Bible Gateway, you will still need to register.
6. Once you’ve selected a log in method, a prompt will notify you that your log in or registration was successful.
Please note that one new update is that we are removing Twitter accounts from our app. If you use a Twitter account, simply remain signed in before you update the app. After updating the app and opening it, you will be prompted that Twitter is no longer supported and asked to log in with either Facebook or a Bible Gateway Account. After you've done so, your notes will migrate permanently to the new account.
That’s it--you can now sync your notes across multiple devices!
You can also use the below image as a reference to help you in setting up your account.
(Slides depicted in image)
1 of 6. Log in button on the Dashboard of our app
2 of 6. Settings section that you can access through the Bible Gateway icon in the top left hand corner of the screen. From here, select "Account and Profile."
3 of 6. Account and Profile Menu. Select Log In.
4 of 6. Log in with Bible Gateway
5 of 6. If you haven't signed up for an account yet, simply select the "Register" button.
6 of 6. Once you've filled out the fields, simply tap "Register," and your account is created!
*User accounts are not currently available for Android devices, though we do plan to add it in the future.